A so-called “yellow wine”, pale wildflower yellow in the cup, like some white wines. A perfect pair to an antique couch upholstered with pale yellow floral embroidery (like the one in the background), preferably in a very sunny open-air conservatory or screened-in porch (which this isn’t).
- Grape: 100% Savagnin Blanc (different than Sauvignon)
- 13.5% alcohol by volume.
- Best enjoyed: Lightly chilled, immediately upon opening and within the same day as being opened.
- Best paired with: Nuts especially sourced from tropical regions, endive salad, thin crust Margherita pizza, other flame-baked flatbread appetizers or light entrées, fire-grilled vegetable skewers, whitefish especially mahi mahi (steak) or tilapia (tacoes) especially prepared in a manner suggesting of traditional cooking in warm coastal regions, creamy vanilla desserts especially custards and ice cream.
- Bottle opened, wine tasted, & review written: 2013 June 6th
- Place of purchase: Lush, Chicago